Some of our area’s employers that have links to their Career/Job/Employment website page.
Ortonville Area Health Services (hospital, clinics & senior housing)
Big Stone Therapies (Minnesota & South Dakota +)
Pepsi Cola – in search use our zip code of 56278
Schools – Ortonville
Schools – Clinton-Graceville-Beardsley
Subway – type in “Ortonville MN” our Subway will be first on the list and they also provide other locations in the area.
Big Stone City, SD – Otter Tail Power Big Stone Plant
Big Stone City, SD – Saputo Search Big Stone City, SD
(Saputo produces , markets, and distributes a wide array of diary products)
Milbank, SD – Valley Queen Cheese
Milbank, SD – United Hardware
Are you bringing your job with you? We are CONNECTED! All rural areas of Big Stone County are Fiber-to-the-Premise – so on-line from anywhere!
In addition, here are a couple of very helpful links:
Facebook. We have a local area Facebook group that is a great place to check out –
“Jobs! Big Stone Lake Area”
Minnesotaworks.net is a great Minnesota site for both Job Seekers and for Employers. This is a NO FEE online job bank for finding jobs and employees in Minnesota – great link! minnesotaworks.net
Workforce Assistance Available:
Southwest Minnesota Private Industry Council
Partnering with the Workforce Centers
Although their offices are in Montevideo, Marshall and Worthington, they have staff hours at the Ortonville Public Library (Carrie Kwilinski!) who is available to help you and/or get you connected to services that can assist you in finding and preparing for your next job.
Among their many services and resources (check out the link above to their website), listed below are just a few of the things that they can assist with:
- Skill training in reading, math, job and life skills
- Post-High School Education Assistance
- Goal Setting
- Career Counseling and Exploration
- Tests and Assessments to find your interest levels and skills
- Referrals to other service agencies that may be of assistance
- Paid Work Experience Programs with local employers
- Job Placement Assistance
- Assistance with resumes, job applications, and interview preparations
- On-the-Job Training Opportunities
- Employment and Job Search Workshops
- Introduction to listings of regional job openings
- Budgeting assistance
- Supportive Services such as transportation, childcare, housing, etc. may be available if you are eligible for one of our programs.